Wednesday, August 16, 2006

current events

how can we honor our dead
without
glorifying death

how can we celebrate their lives
without
celebrating their wars

a newsman has a lust
that must be satisfied

we are the beast he must feed

so when his voice is charged
with an ancient fervor
and when his eyes glint
with the light of old campfires
recognize yourself in his reflection

else throw yourself
before the stallions' hooves
a human wall of sacrifice
that says
it must stop here
it must stop now

for if we sit in circles
wringing our hands
those same hands
must practice the applause
we'll need to welcome home
our dead from war

1 Comments:

Blogger jin said...

I REFUSE to watch the news (on TV). It's too depressing & I think it promotes fear & disrupts the flow of 'universal conciousness'.

Sylvia Brown says we'll have true peace one day (I forget which book it was in...lol). But I figured out her timetable & I think I'll be in my 80's. UGH.

'Can't we all just get along?'
[NOW, while I'm young & unwrinkly] ???

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home