Friday, April 28, 2006

the Trophy Wife...

was not supposed
to get pregnant

there is no room
in a Corvette
for an infant seat

she dieted
"accidently"spilled her cocktails
wore big T shirts
avoided sex
until it was
too late
to do anything
about it

avoiding sex was easy
you'll ruin
my hair
my makeup
my nails
my clothes

she knew
it was much more important
for her to look
than to be

when he found out
he exploded
how could you let this happen
don't think you're gonna get fat like my ex
what's gonna happen to those $5,000 boobs I just bought you
don't think this is gonna change that prenup

so Barbie
came down
off tiptoe

saw the world
at eyelevel
for a change

the view
was not very pretty

not
what she
had bargained for

5 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

WOW. Interesting poem. Where did you get your inspiration?

9:20 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

o>1

hmmm....very pregnant lady with very big hair with very old gentleman getting into very small sports car during very loud argument in very public parking lot

12:29 PM  
Blogger Mike Ballard said...

excellent poetry!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

I liked that!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Majenta said...

Wow, such a poem from mall-watching! I read some more of your stuff, I am going to dust off my poetry pen... cil... err, writing utencil thingy.

Good stuff.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home